Prenatal-to-3 State Policy Roadmap
The prenatal-to-3 period of development sets the foundation for all future health and wellbeing. The science of the developing child is clear: Infants and toddlers need loving, stimulating, stable, and secure care environments with limited exposure to adversity.
The annual Prenatal-to-3 State Policy Roadmap is a first-of-its-kind guide that state leaders can use to develop and implement the most effective policies to strengthen their state’s prenatal-to-3 (PN-3) system of care.
The inaugural 2020 Roadmap provides baseline information on the current status of each state’s prenatal-to-3 system of care and will be updated annually to monitor:
- states’ progress toward adopting and fully implementing the effective policies and strategies;
- changes in the generosity of state benefits;
- progress toward serving all children and families who are eligible for state benefits;
- changes in the overall wellbeing of children and families in each state; and
- efforts to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in outcomes.
Explore the different components of the Prenatal-to-3 State Policy Roadmap below. To download the PDF Roadmap and state profiles, go directly to Complete Roadmap.
If you missed the 2020 National Prenatal-to-3 Research to Policy Summit, we invite you to click to subscribe to our email list.
Share the Roadmap with your colleagues and networks! Click for the share toolkit (PDF).