State leaders have a wide array of policy levers to consider when crafting state policies known to support the prenatal-to-3 period. To ensure that a policy has its intended impact on infants, toddlers, and their families, leaders must focus on the details of policy design and implementation.
Our suite of State Lever Checklists supports these efforts by detailing the key components that make up each of our 12 Roadmap policies. These resources are intended to be a guide to state leaders considering the impact various policy levers have on program design and implementation. The checklists also highlight the ways in which policies may support a more equitable system of care.
Learn more and download the checklist(s) through the links below.
- Access to Perinatal Health Insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- State Minimum Wage
- State Earned Income Tax Credit
- Reduced Administrative Burden for SNAP
- Comprehensive Screening and Connection Programs
- Child Care Subsidies
- Group Prenatal Care
- Community-Based Doulas
- Evidence-Based Home Visiting Programs
- Early Head Start
- Early Intervention Services